This weekend has been tough for us; the challenges here have been hitting us like so many ton(ne)s of bricks. Ruth has already alluded to some of the things she's observed in her posts.
For me, the issues are getting personal and intense.
I had been surprised that Ruth and I hadn't been more shocked by what we saw in SA in September; the juxtaposition of first and third world cultures. I think the reason is that I was prepared for these disparities. What I haven't been prepared for is what happens when you move from observer to participant in a culture.
I want to tell you some stories from our first few days that capture the essence of this surprise, but they are still too fresh in my memory and hence too rich in detail to be able to recount in one sitting. Stay tuned - I'll do my best to describe them in blog postings in the week ahead.
Meanwhile, stay well, and keep your prayers coming. Grace had some intestinal bug/fever the day after we arrived, but she seems to have kicked it yesterday, and ought to be well ready for school tomorrow. Please pray that both of our children will adapt well to their new school and have both great caring teachers and make new friends.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Ruth and Kalon;
I'm just home from the MCC Annual Meeting. I can hardly believe that last Sunday we laid hands on you and sent you off and on Tuesday Dan and I cam to the airport and saw you off!! Yikes!Worlds change fast and furiously, but we pray for you and love you all. Give the kids hugs. I missed them at the steps this morning.
Post a Comment