Monday, April 23, 2007

The vines are gone


Here is a field where there were once grape vines. They were about 30 years old and not great anymore. Besides, Bridges of Hope is not planning on being vintners. We thought it tempting, but not the plan for this place. So, now they are all gone and we have a big clean slate as it were. Ready for playing fields, a house, a place for horses, an ATV track (Dennis' idea) a garden and chickens! (our idea!!) So, while Dennis and Susan and family have been on vacation, what did we do....... Well, lots, actually. We painted the dining room, lounge, put together the library (it's going to be great for children!) the gift shop (helps with sustainability) and.... planted the garden and got chickens!


Kalon, Travis and Linda work in the garden.
Notice the hat Travis is wearing, it's Gracie's! He fit in so well!!


The chickens arrive! That's Cali, the Wadley's dog. She just wants to be friends!!

In their new coop we lovingly prepared for them.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Ruth and Kalon! I just love reading your updates. Do you know that I got to stay at the farm last year when I was there for the orphan retreat? It's so great to see the pictures and hear about the progress that you're making on the farm.

Love,
Wendy Wright

Unknown said...

Darn I was hoping for a Kelley Cabernet to come out...keep up the good work.